What to do if you have an accident?
Safety first - Please remain calm, One Call Claims is here to help you!
One Call Claims are the Claims Handling Agents for One Call Insurance and will assist with the dealing of your claim.
Before making the call to us please ensure everyone involved is safe. If you are stuck at the roadside call us as soon as it is safe to do so and we will take care of the arrangements for you.
To help with the claims process...
- Do not apologise or admit fault.
- Try to collect the following information to give to One Call Claims Accident Helpline to help us speed up your claim:
- Details of your own vehicle, such as the registration number
- Full details of the other driver(s), phone number(s), and registration number(s) (this will allow us to contact anybody else involved).
- As many details of the location of the incident as possible, such as the postcode
- Injuries caused.
- Police officers and report references.
- Full details of what happened.
- Throughout the whole process, it’s wise to be taking photographs or video footage of the scene, the cars, the damage and the people.
Know The Law
You must stop if you are involved in any incident involving an injury to any person or certain animals, or if other vehicles or roadside property are damaged. If you own the vehicle involved, you must give your name, address and insurance details to anyone who has a good reason for asking. If you do not own the vehicle, you must give the owner’s name, their address and the registration number of the vehicle.