Benefits of our Classic Car insurance policies
- FREE Breakdown Membership
- FREE Motor Legal Cover
- Classic car insurance specialists
- Comprehensive cover available
- Uninsured driver promise
- UK based team
£40.00 OFF Multi-Policy!
For every additional policy you take out with us, we’ll give you £40 off! To benefit from this offer, then all you need to do is purchase online by clicking get a quote and use the discount code ‘GIVEME40’
Terms & Conditions apply: Discount code can only be used on new business policies bought direct on our website or direct via our contact centre. Must have one other live policy (that is not pending cancellation) with no overdue balance owing. Discount can be applied to multiple policies. Discount will be removed at renewal. Discount only valid on car, home, van and motorcycle policies.
Getting you cheap classic car insurance quotes
One Call Insurance acts as a comparison site at new business and we will compare prices of limited number of insurance providers, and a panel of Quotezone.co.uk. If we can’t provide you with the best quotation then we will show you the best available elsewhere!
If you choose an alternative to One Call then you will be transferred away from our website. We offer a non-advised service to our consumer which just means we cannot provide a recommendation, however we will provide you with enough information to be able to make an informed decision
Owning a classic car isn't just about getting from A to B, it's often about the heritage, the smiles per mile or the investment potential. With this in mind and regardless of whether you own a 80s Ford Escort, a 90s VW Beetle or an early 2000s MG ZR, you'll most likely need a classic car insurance policy.
Designed to provide cover for cars over 15 years old, classic car insurance protects your car against common risks; depending on the level of cover you choose, it will ensure you aren't personally left out of pocket if it is damaged or destroyed in an accident, fire or theft.
At One Call Insurance, we gather your requirements and compare classic car insurance policies from a number of specialist providers in order to find you the right cover at the best price. If you unfortunately have any issues with the cover you have purchased via Quote Zone please contact your chosen provider directly.
Classic car insurance policy features
When you compare and buy classic car insurance from One Call Insurance, you could benefit from a whole host of policy features and benefits. For example:
Free Breakdown Membership
All of our classic car insurance policies come with free basic breakdown cover, and the option to upgrade to an enhanced level of cover for those who need it. With a standalone value of £39, it not only saves you money but also eliminates the hassle of having to manage two separate payments, two companies and two renewals.
Uninsured Driver Promise
If your car is damaged in the event of an accident with an uninsured driver, your Insurer will need the vehicle registration, make and model and we’ll repay your excess and restore your No Claims Discount. This will be done once we confirm the accident was the fault of the uninsured driver.
24 Hour Claims Line
Disasters never strike at a convenient time, that’s why our UK based claims team are here to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This enables you to report an incident as soon as it happens, and helps speed up the process of getting a claim settled and paid out.
UK’s No1 Car Insurance Website
Our customers have rated us as the UK’s No1 car insurance website on popular independent review website, Review Centre. In total they’ve collected more than 35,000 genuine reviews from customers who’ve held a car insurance policy with us.
Depending on how old your classic is, what make and model you have and how you intend to use it, there are three levels of classic car insurance cover to choose from:
- Comprehensive Classic Car Insurance – Comprehensive insurance incorporates all the cover form a Third Party, Fire & Theft policy, but also provides cover for the cost of repairing or replacing your car if it is damaged or written-off in an accident where you are at fault. Similarly, it includes cover for the cost of medical treatment if you or your passengers are injured in the accident.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft Classic Car Insurance – Third Party, Fire & Theft Insurance is almost identical to Third Party Insurance, except for the inclusion of cover for the cost of repairing or replacing your classic car if it is damaged or destroyed in a fire or theft. It also provides cover for a replacement if your car isn’t recovered after it has been stolen.
- Third Party Classic Car Insurance – Third party classic car insurance provides cover for the cost of repairing or replacing third-party vehicles and objects that are damaged in an accident where you are deemed to have been at fault. It also provides cover for the cost of medical expenses if a third-party is injured in the accident. As the name suggests, it doesn’t provide cover for you or your car.
If your classic car isn’t SORN, the law states that it must be covered by a valid car insurance policy. What the law doesn’t state is that it has to be a specialist classic car insurance policy; it could therefore be a standard policy.
However, some mainstream insurers try to steer away from insuring older cars and in the process either load the price to put you off insuring with them or decline cover altogether. With this in mind, you should consider a specialist classic car insurance policy, not only because of the potential savings, but because the cover will likely be better suited to the needs and risks associated with driving a classic.
Ask a group of classic car enthusiasts what they’d define as a classic and you’ll likely get a different answer from each of them. The same can be said for classic car insurers, however, as a general rule of thumb, a car is considered to be a classic if it is over 15 years old. However, within this ‘classic’ status, enthusiasts often refer to sub categories such as ‘modern classic’ (anything post 1976) and ‘true classic’ (anything pre 1976 and therefore road tax exempt).
Each agency has its own methodology, but ratings are usually organised on a scale based on letter grades to indicate the degree of credit risk. For example, an ‘A’ rating means that the insurers have an excellent ability to pay out claims, while a ‘C’ rating means that the insurer has a weak ability to pay out claims.
Some unrated insurers have been trading in the United Kingdom for many years, and so failure is not seen as likely, but this is not any sort of guarantee and such firms can fail given the appropriate combination of circumstances. However, just because an insurer is rated does not mean they cannot get into difficulty.
- Unrated insurers may be based overseas and outside the influence of UK regulation. The home state regulation they are subject to may be less intrusive, less rigorous or a lighter touch than that of the UK Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) / Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- In the event of an overseas insurer failing, claims may have to be directed to an overseas equivalent of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), and this may bring delays in dealing with the claim.
- Unrated insurers lack independent corroboration of the quality of their current financial stability. As your Insurance Broker, we carry out monthly due diligence checks on our entire panel of insurers, Underwriting Agencies & Managing General Agents and the underlying insurance provider. We are confident in the panel we choose to do business with.
- You may only be able to source cover from an unrated insurer due to your particular circumstances
- They may offer comparably lower prices than an alternative rated insurer
- There is no legal requirement for an insurer to be rated; brokers are not obligated to restrict placing business with rated insurers only
Do you want more insurance?Did you know we also insure homes, motorcycles and vans? Instead of searching online, just take a look at how we could help:
Avoid a potential short fall by taking our NEW competitive GAP Insurance. Get a fast and simple quote today!See GAP Insurance
Do you ride a motorbike, scooter or moped? We have a wide range of insurers on our panel to give you the best possible cover.See Bike Insurance