COVID-19 help, support and FAQs
Opening Times : Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm, Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 4pm

Brexit - Do you need a Green Card?

Are you planning on driving your car through Europe after the 31st January 2020?

With all the uncertainty we are faced with around Brexit, we wanted to give you as much information as we can.

Driving your car in Europe after Brexit

As of 31st January 2020, the UK has officially left the EU, and have now entered into transition period until 31st December 2020. During this period, as a UK driver there will be no change to driving within the EU. Provided you have the relevant cover to drive abroad included within your insurance, you will not be required to obtain a green card.

Click here for further information

Driving in Europe from 1st January 2021

Unfortunately, we don’t have any further information on what will be required following the transition period. For those planning on driving in the EU in 2021, we will ensure this page is updated as soon as we obtain any further information.