Benefits of our buildings insurance policies
- FREE Home Emergency Cover
- FREE Family Legal Cover
- 24 Hour Claims Service
- Recommended by 93.8% of Customers
Getting you the best buildings insurance quotes
Your home is likely to be the single biggest purchase you’ll ever make, not only that, but it provides a safe haven for you, your family and your possessions. With this in mind and regardless of whether it’s mortgaged or owned outright, it’s important to protect it against known risks such as fire, subsidence and flooding.
That’s where buildings insurance comes in, providing protection for the bricks and mortar construction of your home, including the walls, floors, roof, doors, windows and kitchen; it also sometimes provides protection for garages and outbuildings. It doesn’t, however, cover your contents, for that we offer combined buildings and contents insurance policies.
At One Call Insurance, we compare an extensive panel of buildings insurance options based on your requirements and subsequently present you with a list of quotes, in price order. It’s a quick, simple and hassle free way to find the right cover at the best price.
One Call Insurance acts as a comparison site at new business and will compare prices from our own panel of providers which offers a fair analysis of the market, and that of Quotezone.co.uk. If we can't provide you with the best quotation then we will show you the best available elsewhere! If you choose an alternative to One Call then you will be transferred away from our website. We offer a non-advised service to our consumer which just means we cannot provide a recommendation, however we will provide you with enough information to be able to make an informed decision. If you unfortunately have any issues with the cover you have purchased via Quote Zone please contact your chosen provider directly.
Features and benefits of buildings insurance
There’s a whole heap of features and benefits included as standard when you compare and buy buildings insurance via One Call Insurance:
Free Home Emergency Cover
Regardless of the insurance provider, you’ll get Free Home Emergency Cover when you buy buildings insurance via One Call Insurance. It provides 24/7 cover in case an emergency should arise; things like central hearing failure, blocked pipes and drains, and compromised security are all included.
Free Family Legal Cover
Free Family Legal Cover is provided as standard. It gives you access to a 24 hour helpline from which you can obtain free legal advice in the event of an accident in your home, in a public place or at work. It also incorporates a solicitor referral service.
24 Hour Claims Service
Our 24 hour claims service ensures you’re able to speak to an experienced claims agent as and when you need to, regardless of the time of day. Not only does it speed up the claims reporting process, but it also means we can begin processing your claim immediately.
Recommended by 93.8% of Customers
According to Review Centre, an independent customer review platform, 93.8% of customers would recommend us for home insurance. This figure is based on over 6,500 home insurance customers who have left us a genuine review via the platform.
An unrated insurer is an insurer that does not carry an insurer financial strength rating given by international rating agencies, such as Standard and Poor’s 500 index (S&), Moody’s, Fitch Ratings and A.M. Best. An insurer financial strength rating ‘provides an assessment of the financial strength of an insurance organisation’ and its ability to pay claims to its policyholders.
Each agency has its own methodology, but ratings are usually organised on a scale based on letter grades to indicate the degree of credit risk. For example, an ‘A’ rating means that the insurers have an excellent ability to pay out claims, while a ‘C’ rating means that the insurer has a weak ability to pay out claims.
Some unrated insurers have been trading in the United Kingdom for many years, and so failure is not seen as likely, but this is not any sort of guarantee and such firms can fail given the appropriate combination of circumstances. However, just because an insurer is rated does not mean they cannot get into difficulty.
Risks of using an unrated insurer include:
- Unrated insurers may be based overseas and outside the influence of UK regulation. The home state regulation they are subject to may be less intrusive, less rigorous or a lighter touch than that of the UK Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) / Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- In the event of an overseas insurer failing, claims may have to be directed to an overseas equivalent of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), and this may bring delays in dealing with the claim.
- Unrated insurers lack independent corroboration of the quality of their current financial stability. As your Insurance Broker, we carry out monthly due diligence checks on our entire panel of insurers, Underwriting Agencies & Managing General Agents and the underlying insurance provider. We are confident in the panel we choose to do business with.
Some of the benefits of using unrated insurers include the following:
- You may only be able to source cover from an unrated insurer due to your particular circumstances
- They may offer comparably lower prices than an alternative rated insurer
- There is no legal requirement for an insurer to be rated; brokers are not obligated to restrict placing business with rated insurers only
Do you want more insurance?Did you know we also insure homes, motorcycles and vans? Instead of searching online, just take a look at how we could help:
Total loss top up
Our total loss top up product will top up what your insurer pays out in event of a total loss. Learn more today.See total loss top up
Do you ride a motorbike, scooter or moped? We have a wide range of insurers on our panel to give you the best possible cover.See Bike Insurance