COVID-19 help, support and FAQs
Opening Times : Our opening times are: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 20:00 & Saturday - Sunday 09:00 - 16:00

Buildings and Contents Insurance

We all want cheap buildings and contents insurance, try us today and see how much money you could save on your buildings and contents insurance.

Benefits of our Buildings and Contents insurance policies

  •  FREE  Home Emergency Cover
  •  FREE  Family Legal Cover
  •  New For Old Replacement
  •  24 Hour Claims Service

Getting you our best buildings and contents insurance quotes

Losing your home and contents to fire, flood or any other equally disastrous event is bad enough, but finding out you haven’t got insurance, or only have partial cover, would be devastating. With this in mind, ensuring you fully protect your building and contents against known risks should be a top priority.

That’s where combined buildings and contents insurance policies come in. Taking the two main elements of cover that fall under home insurance and bringing them together in a single policy, it gives you the highest level of cover available with a single point of contact, a single payment, and a single renewal.

It ensures both the bricks and mortar construction of your home and the contents stored within it are covered. For example, you can claim if damage occurs to your roof, walls, windows, doors, plumbing and more. Meanwhile, you can claim if your furniture, clothes, pots and pans, electrical appliances and more are stolen or damaged.

When it comes down to finding the right buildings and contents insurance policy, there’s a seemingly endless list of providers to choose from. At One Call Insurance, you can quickly and easily compare them, ensuring you get the most appropriate cover at our best price.

One Call Insurance acts as a comparison site at new business and will compare prices from our own panel of providers which offers a fair analysis of the market, and that of If we can't provide you with the best quotation then we will show you the best available elsewhere! If you choose an alternative to One Call then you will be transferred away from our website. We offer a non-advised service to our consumer which just means we cannot provide a recommendation, however we will provide you with enough information to be able to make an informed decision.

Buildings and Contents Insurance policy features

There’s a great selection of features and benefits included as standard when you buy buildings and contents insurance from One Call Insurance:

Free Home Emergency Cover

Home Emergency Cover comes as standard on our buildings and contents policies. So, regardless of the insurance provider, you’ll have 24/7 emergency cover for things like plumbing and drainage issues as well issues relating to the security of your home.

Free Family Legal Cover

Family Legal Cover is included on all buildings and contents insurance policies that are purchased via One Call Insurance. It grants you access to a 24 hour helpline in case you need to obtain free legal advice in relation to accident that has occurred at home, away from home or while at work. It also includes a solicitor referral service.

New for Old Replacement

Our buildings and contents insurance policies come with guaranteed new for old replacement. This means, for example, if your TV is stolen in a burglary, you'll either be given a brand new replacement or receive a pay-out based on the cost of a brand new replacement.

24 Hour Claims Service

Our 24 hour claims management service ensures you get the assistance you need, when you need it most. After all, disasters can occur at a time of day and night. Not only does this service enable you to report a claim as soon as the need arises, it also speeds up the process of us reviewing and making a decision on your claim.

Further information...

An unrated insurance provider is an insurance provider that does not carry an insurance provider financial strength rating given by international rating agencies, such as Standard and Poor’s 500 index (S&), Moody’s, Fitch Ratings and A.M. Best. An insurance provider financial strength rating ‘provides an assessment of the financial strength of an insurance organisation’ and its ability to pay claims to its policyholders.

Each agency has its own methodology, but ratings are usually organised on a scale based on letter grades to indicate the degree of credit risk. For example, an ‘A’ rating means that the insurance providers have an excellent ability to pay out claims, while a ‘C’ rating means that the insurance provider has a weak ability to pay out claims.

Some unrated insurance providers have been trading in the United Kingdom for many years, and so failure is not seen as likely, but this is not any sort of guarantee and such firms can fail given the appropriate combination of circumstances. However, just because an insurance provider is rated does not mean they cannot get into difficulty.

Risks of using an unrated insurance provider include:

  • Unrated insurance providers may be based overseas and outside the influence of UK regulation. The home state regulation they are subject to may be less intrusive, less rigorous or a lighter touch than that of the UK Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) / Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
  • In the event of an overseas insurance provider failing, claims may have to be directed to an overseas equivalent of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), and this may bring delays in dealing with the claim.
  • Unrated insurance providers lack independent corroboration of the quality of their current financial stability. As your Insurance Broker, we carry out monthly due diligence checks on our entire panel of insurance providers, Underwriting Agencies & Managing General Agents and the underlying insurance provider. We are confident in the panel we choose to do business with.

Some of the benefits of using unrated insurance providers include the following:

  • You may only be able to source cover from an unrated insurance provider due to your particular circumstances
  • They may offer comparably lower prices than an alternative rated insurance provider
  • There is no legal requirement for an insurance provider to be rated; brokers are not obligated to restrict placing business with rated insurance providers only

Do you want more insurance?

Did you know we also insure homes, motorcycles and vans? Instead of searching online, just take a look at how we could help:
Home insurance
Home Insurance

Do you own or rent a house? We have a range of insurers on out panel to give you the best possible cover.

See Home Insurance
bike insurance
Bike Insurance

Do you ride a motorbike, scooter or moped? We have a wide range of insurers on our panel to give you the best possible cover.

See Bike Insurance
van insurance
Van Insurance

If you drive a van and not a car but want personal van insurance for social use only we can give you the cover you need.

See Van Insurance