Benefits of our Holiday Home insurance policies
- FREE Home Emergency Cover
- Flexible Deposit and Excess
- 24 Hours Claim Service
- Friendly UK Based Teams
£40 off for existing customers
If you buy another policy from us, we'll give you £40 off your existing policy at renewal with discount code: MULTI40
Terms & Conditions apply: Discount code can only be used on new business policies bought direct on our website or direct via our contact centre. Must have one other live policy (that is not pending cancellation) with no overdue balance owing. Discount can be applied to multiple policies. Discount will be removed at renewal. Discount only valid on car, home, van and motorcycle policies.
Getting You The Best Holiday Home Insurance Quotes
Holiday homes can be a great investment, providing years of enjoyment, an additional income stream and further down the line - a healthy retirement fund. However, unless you’re adequately insured against the risks that it will face throughout your ownership, you could lose the lot if a disaster were to strike.
That’s where holiday home insurance comes in. This differs from standard home insurance by the inclusion of cover for long periods of unoccupancy; it also often includes cover for things like public liability and loss of rental income.
Depending on the cover you choose, you might also be able to claim for contents that are damaged, destroyed or stolen; things like furniture, electrical appliances, electronics (i.e. TV, DVD player, Stereo), pots and pans, ornaments and garden equipment.
At One Call Insurance, we take your requirements and match them against our panel of providers. It’s the quickest and easiest way to compare your options, saving you heaps of time and ensuring you get the right cover at the best price.
One Call Insurance acts as a comparison site at new business and will compare prices from our own panel of providers which offers a fair analysis of the market, and that of Quotezone.co.uk. If we can't provide you with the best quotation then we will show you the best available elsewhere! If you choose an alternative to One Call then you will be transferred away from our website. We offer a non-advised service to our consumer which just means we cannot provide a recommendation, however we will provide you with enough information to be able to make an informed decision. If you unfortunately have any issues with the cover you have purchased via Quote Zone please contact your chosen provider directly.
Please note: We can only cover UK based Holiday Homes.
Holiday Home Insurance policy features & benefits
There’s a comprehensive selection of features and benefits included with all our holiday home insurance policies, for example:
24 Hours Claim Service:
When you insure your holiday home with One Call Insurance, we’re on hand 24 hours a day, ensuring that, regardless of the time of day an incident occurs, you can speak directly with one of our specialist agents.
Friendly UK Based Teams
All of our specially trained customer service agents are based locally within our Doncaster office. Have a question or need help with your insurance? Our customer service teams will be happy to help!
An unrated insurer is an insurer that does not carry an insurer financial strength rating given by international rating agencies, such as Standard and Poor’s 500 index (S&), Moody’s, Fitch Ratings and A.M. Best. An insurer financial strength rating ‘provides an assessment of the financial strength of an insurance organisation’ and its ability to pay claims to its policyholders.
Each agency has its own methodology, but ratings are usually organised on a scale based on letter grades to indicate the degree of credit risk. For example, an ‘A’ rating means that the insurers have an excellent ability to pay out claims, while a ‘C’ rating means that the insurer has a weak ability to pay out claims.
Some unrated insurers have been trading in the United Kingdom for many years, and so failure is not seen as likely, but this is not any sort of guarantee and such firms can fail given the appropriate combination of circumstances. However, just because an insurer is rated does not mean they cannot get into difficulty.
Risks of using an unrated insurer include:
- Unrated insurers may be based overseas and outside the influence of UK regulation. The home state regulation they are subject to may be less intrusive, less rigorous or a lighter touch than that of the UK Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) / Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- In the event of an overseas insurer failing, claims may have to be directed to an overseas equivalent of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), and this may bring delays in dealing with the claim.
- Unrated insurers lack independent corroboration of the quality of their current financial stability. As your Insurance Broker, we carry out monthly due diligence checks on our entire panel of insurers, Underwriting Agencies & Managing General Agents and the underlying insurance provider. We are confident in the panel we choose to do business with.
Some of the benefits of using unrated insurers include the following:
- You may only be able to source cover from an unrated insurer due to your particular circumstances
- They may offer comparably lower prices than an alternative rated insurer
- There is no legal requirement for an insurer to be rated; brokers are not obligated to restrict placing business with rated insurers only
Do you want more insurance?Did you know we also insure homes, motorcycles and vans? Instead of searching online, just take a look at how we could help:
Avoid a potential short fall by taking our NEW competitive GAP Insurance. Get a fast and simple quote today!See GAP Insurance
Do you ride a motorbike, scooter or moped? We have a wide range of insurers on our panel to give you the best possible cover.See Bike Insurance